Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Maybe a little too ambitious


Zoe can say all of her colors in English. She can not quite "identify" them, however. (Zoe is 21 months, but has only been in the United States 6 months) I set up her Tot Tray with 4 pieces of paper (blue, green, yellow and red) and gave her a few blocks of those same colors.


I think she had a lot of fun, but I don't think she quite got the concept. I think we'll back up and start with "putting the blocks on the paper" and then do one color at a time and then go to two. I think four colors might've been a little ambitious on my part.


I think she had fun though; that's really what it's all about anyway! She threw the blocks at the tray, she put them on the paper. She needed a lot of help getting them to the correct color though. When we finally finished the boys clapped and said "yay" and she grinned ear to ear. She thought she really did something great.

To learn more about Tot Trays or to see other ideas for fun learning with your tot, you should check out 1+1+1=1. Other moms from all over the globe link up and share their ideas.


We'll be trying another one today. I'll let you know how it goes.

~Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment