Tuesday, May 21, 2013

2012-2013 School Year in Review


 
Since I didn't manage to come over to this blog for the entire school year, but I did manage to snap a picture or two with my phone, I thought I'd do a little catching up and post some photos from our 2012-2013 school year. Consider this our official homeschool photo-dump for the year. We'll try to do better next year.  


We gathered our supplies.... 





And set out to tackle another year of homeschooling.... 




Robert - 3rd grade
Andrew - 1st grade 
Zoe - Tot School 


We had a sweet back to school gathering with friends in the fall... 










Did some amazing, hands-on science experiments...









observing the exoskeleton of a crayfish
bones found when we dissected an owl pellet



















made rock candy when studying crystals in geology


Geology really does ROCK!

this was really amazing to watch grow over about a week





And it really made for a super-yummy science experiment! 


We made homemade play-doh... 
...and studied the layers of the Earth





And went on some exciting field-trips...



 













Sometimes  Daddy got to tag along too! 

We celebrated Dr. Seuss Day...












 
 



 




And just had fun learning together! 






















































Of course there are days that are hard, but looking back: I'm so very thankful that this is the life that I get to live. I am thankful for the freedom and the privilege to homeschool our children. I am so proud of how much these three kiddos have grown this year. I am proud that they are growing closer together and growing in grace for one another. They have developed a friendship with one another that we desired our children to have. I'm looking forward to many more school years with these kiddos! 

                      Blessings, 
                           Paula 


No comments:

Post a Comment