Friday, October 21, 2011

Field Trip to Parker Pioneer Homestead


Lots of learning going on while on a super-awesome field trip to to Harrisburg, Arkansas to visit Parker Pioneer Homestead!



We took off in Jewel's 12-passenger van (I secretly LOVE that thing!) and headed across the Mighty Mississippi and into Arkansas. Look at this van full of kiddos!




It was a fun and VERY educational day. I have to admit that it made me thankful for the modern conveniences we take for granted everyday - even as much as I hate doing laundry, I can appreciate that I don't have to hand-wash it and run it through a ringer!



The kiddos thought that was really fun; I don't think they would think that was fun if we had to do that all the time though.


However, it did make me wish that we lived in a simpler time.





It was a fun visit and I really felt like I stepped back in time a couple hundred years.












~Paula
P.S. this will be posted on both our family blog and our homeschool blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment